Friday 7 January 2011

Adeptus Custodes!

I know, two posts in one day? Amazing what a day off can do.

Now I've dreamed like many, of doing a custode army but never really got round to it due to the huge amount of conversion work required. Then however, I found a sale of 10 custodes online cast in white metal from the states. This was perfect to get me going.

I have only built two of them so far, but more will be following along with conversions for the rest of the army. These will form my Envoy squads 2 custodes in each, giving me 5 squads. (There will actualy be 3 in each squad but the 3rd will be armed with a gladius and storm shield and so will be converted later on for each squad).

So, here they are, the first 2 of my new custode army in all there glory.
 Both models are stunningly detailed, although putting them together was hell (the arm come in 3 parts, plus the hands attached to the weapon and the shoulder pads!)
They may be a fiddle, but they look awesome and have really inspired me to get on and do the army. As soon as possible I will be ordering some of these. (http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=1029#i/conversion_parts/big/sf_roman_legionary_set_01.jpg) They will form my squad leaders for the envoy squads. There however, (http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=933) will form my cataphract squads.

So, a new year, a new army and a massive amount to do, hopefully a new post will be up soon.

So long.

4 comments:

  1. Great looking models there--were they pricey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you spotted the Scibor minis. Going to point you their way. BTW, I totally don't have your email addy (due to viruses and burglers in that order). Could you drop me a line through the "contact me" bit of PVP so I can send you that list builder?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warhammer39999: The models were fairly pricy at £90 per 5! But i have to say, i would pay it again any time.

    Jeff: And will send you the email asap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those are pricey.... but they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete